- Control and protection system;
- repeated forced circulation circuit;
- safety control systems;
- emergency core cooling system;
- reactor-space overpressure protection system;
- emergency power supply system;
- service water system.
- Additional cluster absorbers;
- reactivity margin increased to 43-48 rods;
- EPS (emergency protection system) control rods have been implemented;
- automatic insertion of EPS (emergency protection system) control rods (shortened absorber rods) by EPS signal.
- replacement of fuel with uranium-erbium with 2.8% enrichment;
- number of control rods increased from 24 to 33 (improvement of protection effectiveness);
- replacement of outdated control rods with cluster assemblies comprehensive monitoring, control and protection system;
- more sensors for neutron flux monitoring;
- modern information and measurement system;
- full-scope simulators for staff training at all RBMK units.